This is getting posted in 2015, but it’s actually a 2014 book roundup, because all of these titles were bought before New Year’s!
Bought in print from Third Place Books, all of which are print copies of things I already own electronically (but I’m buying again because these are authors I want on my list of people I buy in both formats):
- Blood of Tyrants, by Naomi Novik. Her eighth Temeraire novel.
- The Strange and Beautiful Sorrows of Ava Lavender, by Leslye Walton. The YA/magic realism novel I read last year, and which I really quite liked. Enough that I decided to get a copy in print, and because the hardback edition is smallish and quite pretty.
- Revenant, by Kat Richardson. The final Greywalker novel, which as I write I’m currently reading electronically. Grabbed the hardback to fill out my collection of Richardson’s series.
- Sing No Evil, by J.P. Ahonen. A graphic novel I grabbed entirely on impulse, because I thought the art was quite engaging, and because I liked the premise of a band in what’s clearly an urban fantasy type situation. Plus, it turns out it’s by a Finnish author and apparently this is a translation into English…? To wit, awesome!
Bought from Amazon, because that was the only place I could get it, and because it was DRM free:
- Tales from Rugosa Coven, by Sarah Avery. This is a collection of three novellas featuring pagan characters, two of which were previously published by Drollerie, and one of which is new. Looking forward to reading the lot of these. I’ve read Sarah before, and quite liked her.
Bought from Smashwords, now that it’s finally available in electronic form:
- Trafficking in Magic, Magicking in Traffic, edited by David Sklar and Sarah Avery. Another effort by fellow former Drollerie authors! I almost got in on this, but couldn’t get the story finished in time. Very much looking forward to seeing the final product now that it’s finally available in digital form.
169 for the year, and this time this IS actually the final title!