Y’know how DVDs have extra features? This page is like that. Here you’ll find character vignettes, deleted scenes, and other little bits of flotsam related to the books I’ve written.
These are all character vignettes from the Faerie Blood universe.
- Elessir, April 17, 1945: A 900-some-word glimpse into the past of Elessir of Faerie Blood
- Millicent, January 23, 1953: About 1,500 words on how a newly minted Warder rescues her future husband
- Damhnait MacSimidh, St. John’s, Newfoundland, 1987 – A Warder mother in St. John’s must decide how and when to break the news of her impending dire fate to her only son. About 1,000 words.
- Christopher MacSimidh, Winnipeg, Manitoba, July 1989 – A short snippet about the worst summer of young Christopher MacSimidh’s life, when he must face the import of being disowned by his father
- Jude Lawrence, Seattle, April 1st, 1998 – Jude meets Kendis for the first time when she reports to work–and discovers that her new teammates have a lively way of greeting additions to their ranks.
These are a collection of fragments from published works that got edited out along the way–basically, the book equivalent of Deleted Scenes from DVDs or Blu-Rays! Hope you enjoy these glimpses of things that didn’t make the cut!
From Valor of the Healer
Faanshi’s birth and the rise of her healing
Drollerie Blog Tour Posts
For several months in 2009 and 2010, I experimented with managing regular blog tours with my fellow Drollerie Press authors, along with several non-Drollerie authors. Here’s a sampling of posts I made for those, on other folks’ sites.
- HOW I BECAME A WRITER . . . by Angela Korra’ti – My January 2009 Drollerie Blog Tour post on John Rosenman’s blog
- drollerie press authors blog tour: origin stories by angela korra’ti – Where I originally posted the Elessir vignette above, on Heather Ingemar’s blog, for the February 2009 tour
- Drollerie Blog Tour: Tamneth Ellheuin of Shadow of the Antlered Bird Meets Christopher MacSimidh of Faerie Blood – An informal “interview” scenario I worked on with David Sklar, in which my hero Christopher met up with his hero Tam, for the March 2009 tour
- Angela Korra’ti on Poetry – The April 2009 blog tour post where I introduced the Millicent vignette above, on Catherine Schaff-Stump’s blog
- Angela Korra’ti ~ Drollerie Blog Tour – May 2009’s blog tour post on Cindy Lynn Speer’s site, introducing the Damhnait vignette
- Drollerie Press Blog Tour – Joely Sue Burkhart hosts me talking about my father and the fathers of my characters
- guest blogger Angela Korra’ti – I share the Christopher vignette over on Jessica Howe’s site