I didn’t buy any of these books actually at at the Clallam Bay Comicon, but I did clear these out of my email queue and I’m composing the post at the Comicon, so close enough!
Picked up from Kobo Books:
- Shades of Milk and Honey, Glamour in Glass, and Without a Summer, by Mary Robinette Kowal. All three of her Glamourist books, two of which I had already in print, but I grabbed all three electronically because a) I didn’t have the third one yet, and b) Mary Robinette Kowal is just generally made of Awesome.
- Death Troopers, by Joe Schreiber. This is actually a re-buy in ebook form. It’s the zombie novel in the Star Wars universe I read a while back, and while I didn’t like it well enough to keep the paperback, I did want to keep an ebook copy around.
- Jane, by Robin Maxwell. This is Maxwell’s retelling of the Tarzan story from Jane’s point of view, which I thought was an excellent concept, and I’m quite looking forward to reading it.
- The Devil Wears Plaid, by Teresa Medeiros. Historical romance by an author I’d seen heartily recommended on Smart Bitches Trashy Books. I did in fact already plow through this novel and can attest that yeah, she’s rather fun. Nothing too serious or substantive in her storylines, and the tropes she calls upon are very familiar. But she used them well and entertainingly, and at the end of the day that’s all I ask! More in-depth review to come.
Meanwhile, picked up from Smashwords:
- Paper Woman, by Suzanne Adair. Historical mystery. Picked this up since it was a recommendation, and I elected to buy it straight from Smashwords since the author had deployed the Smashwords edition out to Kobo. So this way she gets more of my money.
129 for the year.