Nabbed from B&N:
- From the Ashes, by Jeremy Burns. Nabbed this one when it was a Free Friday book for the Nook a couple weeks ago.
Also nabbed from B&N, and specifically to support John Scalzi in his declaration that he would donate all of his ebook sales from Subterranean Press to Planned Parenthood until February 8th, all of the following Scalzi titles:
- You’re Not Fooling Anyone When You Take Your Laptop to a Coffee Shop: Scalzi on Writing. This is Scalzi’s writeup about the current state of the publishing industry and what it’s like to be a writer in it.
- The Tale of the Wicked, a short story.
- How I Proposed to My Wife: An Alien Sex Story, another short story, whose title alone is lollertastic.
- Judge Sn Goes Golfing, another short story, set in the universe of The Android’s Dream.
- An Election, another short.
- The God Engines, a novella.
- The Sagan Diary, a novelette set in the Old Man’s War universe.
- Questions for a Soldier, another short in the Old Man’s War universe.
Picked up electronically from the Book View Cafe, because I like the current title (it used to be called What Wild Ecstasy when it was a romance in paperback):
- La Desperada, by Patricia Burroughs. Because also sometimes, I’m just in the mood for a Western-flavored romance.
And last but not least, picked up in print from Third Place Books:
- The Art of How to Train Your Dragon, a hardcover book about the artwork in the movie of the same name. I ordered this as a holiday/birthday gift for
spazzkat, but it took a while for Third Place to get it in–and so I’m counting it towards the 2012 book tally!
- Je Le Ferai Pour Toi, by Thierry Cohen. This is a thriller, written in French, and I picked it up on the ambitious thought that, after I finish reading the French editions of The Hobbit and Storm Front, it would be amusing to test my language skills by reading a book originally written in French–and about which I have no prior idea whatsoever. (In other words, it’ll be a while before I make it through this one!)
Which brings me to 17 for the year thus far.