Since yesterday’s hardware shenanigans have settled down, howsabout another book roundup, peeps?
Purchased in a slew of buying from B&N, electronically:
- Trick of the Mind and A Spider on the Stairs, by Cassandra Chan. Mystery. These are Books 3 and 4 of her Gibbons-Bethancourt series, which I am very much enjoying; I plowed through library checkout copies of Books 1 and 2 last weekend and went ahead and got these in ebook form. I’d already had a copy of Book 3 bought as a cheap hardback but I wanted to read it on the nook since it was available.
- Bond With Me, by Anne Marsh. Paranormal romance, probably. It’s this week’s Friday freebie from B&N, and I grabbed it since what the hey, free book.
- The Pretender’s Crown, by C.E. Murphy. Fantasy, the Book 2 to go with the most excellent The Queen’s Bastard. Already own a paper copy of this but this is for reading on the nook!
- Daughter of the Forest, by Juliet Marilier. Fantasy. Re-buy of a book previously owned in print.
- Halting State, by Charles Stross. SF. Re-buy of a book previously owned in print.
- Acacia, by David Anthony Durham. Epic fantasy. Re-buy of a book previously owned in print, specifically because it’s a big brick of a book and those are WAY easier to read for me on the nook these days.
- Feast of Souls, by C.S. Friedman. Fantasy. Re-buy of a book previously owned in print.
- The Hunger Games, by Suzanne Collins. YA SF. Because everybody on the planet but me has apparently read this, and right now B&N has the ebook marked down to five bucks.
- Emissaries from the Dead, by Adam-Troy Castro. SF. Re-buy of a book previously owned in print.
This brings me to 21 for the year!