I’m not up for juggling my own words tonight, but I have been at least up for putting a dent into my backlogged email. Which of course means that I’ve got some book acquisitions to mention to y’all, since I’ve got a couple of pending receipts as well as notices from various crowdsourced projects I’ve been supporting!
Acquired via crowdfunding:
- The Old Races Short Story Project, by C.E. Murphy. She’d been doing this as a non-Kickstarter crowdfund, and finally deployed epub and mobi versions to her backers. I’d already had the PDF but still haven’t read the pieces, and since the epub and mobi are new acquisitions, I’m counting this as a work obtained this year!
- A Series of Ordinary Adventures, by Stevie Carroll. Digital copies of Kickstarter rewards from Candlemark & Gleam, and I should have a print copy of this on the way as well! Hurray for supporting the work of LJ friends!
Acquired from B&N:
- Blackout, by Mira Grant. Picked up in both epub for the Nook AND in print, because when it comes to anything by Mira Grant, that is JUST HOW I ROLL.
- The Old Races: Origins, again by C.E. Murphy. I think this in fact contains most of the same stories in the aforementioned Old Races Short Story project, but I’m buying it again just to show Kit some love. Because again: HOW I ROLL.
Last but not least, sent to Dara and me in print:
- Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter, by Seth Grahame-Smith. I’d had half an eye on this one anyway just because we did just see the trailer for the forthcoming movie, which looks sublimely silly and very likely required viewing. Also, it was written by the same guy who did Pride and Prejudice and Zombies, which as y’all know, I did quite adore.
71 for the year!