Okay all, here we go with the official What Should Anna Name Her Nook? poll! Here are the rules:
- If you’re reading this anywhere besides angelakorrati.com, please click through to the original post to cast your vote. As always, I’m putting it on my official site to accommodate non-LJ or LJ-site-like users who don’t have the ability to answer polls in LJ-style sites without being members of them.
- Although this might be self-evident, if you want to vote, do please actually cast your vote in the poll. Votes cast in the comments will not count, and that also goes for votes cast in the comments of any mirrors of the original post.
- All voters may cast up to three votes for their favorite choices.
- The poll will remain open until midnight, March 1st, Pacific/Cascadia time.
- The winner of the poll will be announced on March 1st, and will be given three days to get their contact data to me so that I can arrange to get them their prize! If I don’t hear from the winner in that time frame, I’ll move on to whoever was next in line with the vote count. (However, if that occurs, I retain authorial privilege to keep the original winning name for the Nook if I so prefer.)
And to review the prizes, the winner may have one of three things, their choice:
- Free electronic copies of both Faerie Blood and Defiance, in the format of their choice. I have PDFs of both immediately available, and ePub for Faerie Blood. I can also get copies in Microsoft Reader, Mobipocket, and Sony Reader formats.
- A free print copy of any Drollerie Press book currently available.
- A $25 gift certificate to the Drollerie Press bookstore.
Let’s get to it then, shall we? The poll is behind the fold, and is also now displayed on the sidebar of angelakorrati.com, so you can get to it either way! Make with the voting, y’all!
What should Anna name her Nook?
- Nookronomicon (KLAATU! BARADA! NECKTIE!) (20%, 11 Votes)
- Pippin (short for Peregrin Nook) (19%, 10 Votes)
- Opus (for the literary definition, and also for Bloom County) (9%, 5 Votes)
- Nookie (self-explanatory, I think) (7%, 4 Votes)
- GIR (quote: "this is my FAAAAAAVORITE BOOK!") (6%, 3 Votes)
- Rook (close to Nook, and also Castle's character in Heat Wave) (6%, 3 Votes)
- Yendor (as in the Nethack Wizard of) (6%, 3 Votes)
- Anna's Naughty Nookie (4%, 2 Votes)
- Scroll (as in the Elfquest Scroll of Colors) (4%, 2 Votes)
- Pookie (Garfield's teddy bear) (4%, 2 Votes)
- Windkin (Elfquest character) (4%, 2 Votes)
- Meriadoc Brandybook (to go with Peregrin Nook) (4%, 2 Votes)
- Kendis (Faerie Blood heroine) (4%, 2 Votes)
- Wookie the Nookie (2%, 1 Votes)
- Amadeus (2%, 1 Votes)
- Toober (for TBR pile) (2%, 1 Votes)
- Riori (0%, 0 Votes)
- Dishwasher (as in what you get when you kick the sink in Nethack) (0%, 0 Votes)
- Anna's Nook o' de North(west) (0%, 0 Votes)
- The Faerie Blook (0%, 0 Votes)
- Nook the Book (0%, 0 Votes)
- Nooklehrerbaumlos (a contorted "Nook, the treeless teacher") (0%, 0 Votes)
Total Voters: 25