Bought in print at VCON:
- Stealing Magic, by Tanya Huff. Short story collection, nabbed because I can never go wrong with Huff, and also because I liked the dual covers, representing the two characters represented in the stories. Something you can’t get with an ebook.
- The Door to Lost Pages, by Claude Lalumière. This has been parked on my To Read list a while, and I finally nabbed a copy at VCON because the bookseller was the one I often buy stuff from at Norwescon, and she wasn’t there this year, so I made a point of buying from her at this con instead. I suspect this book’s going to be magic-realism-y.
Nabbed from B&N electronically:
- All is Silence, by Robert L. Slater. Bought on the request of Dara, who became aware of it via a bookmark from a recent Norwescon. She liked the sound of it, so I grabbed it for her. Apocalyptic YA SF.
- Grimspace, by Ann Aguirre. SF. Re-buy in digital form of book 1 of her Sirantha Jax series.
- Bronze Gods, by A.A. Aguirre (who, oddly enough is the same author as the previous!). Steampunk. Re-buy in digital form of her Apparatus Infernum series.
And, nabbed as a review copy because fellow Carina author Sheryl Nantus is awesome like that:
- In the Void, by Sheryl Nantus. Because lookit! I just featured this book on Boosting the Signal! It’s book 2 of her Tales from the Edge SFR series, and as I have recently previously noted, I do love me some science fiction romance. Particularly if Firefly is an influence.
122 for the year!