I’m not sure yet if this is the last round of B&N freebies; the promotion was supposed to run up through the 14th, so I’m thinking there’ll be at least one more round before they’re done. This one I’m particularly happy about though since it includes King Solomon’s Mines, a novel that’s specifically called out in the Amelia Peabody series by Amelia herself when she describes the adventures her family has. Woo!
Here they are. As you can see they’re all generally famous historical classics and I’m pleased that the Fairy Tales one is in there too.
- Two Years Before the Mast, by Richard Henry Dana
- Sailing Alone Around the World, by Joshua Slocum
- The Enchanted Castle and Five Children and It, by Edith Nesbit
- King Solomon’s Mines, by H. Rider Haggard
- Kim, by Rudyard Kipling
- A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur’s Court, by Mark Twain
- The Canterbury Tales, by Geoffrey Chaucer
- The Prince and the Pauper, by Mark Twain
- The Jungle Books, by Rudyard Kipling
- The Arabian Nights
- Gulliver’s Travels, by Jonathan Swift
- Fairy Tales, by Hans Christian Andersen
Meanwhile I have finally bailed on the hiatus! Friday evening, I went to meet
The answer for me was “buy the latest by
Still holding off a bit on buying new ebooks, though. Wanting to make a bit more progress through the Amelias, up to at least The Falcon at the Portal. And probably up until the next paycheck anyway.
Total for the year: 275. It’ll be interesting to review these numbers and see how many of these books were freebies, how many were digital, and how many were print. Possibly also how many were both!