I got asked about this on Facebook, but thought I would post it here for the edification and satisfaction of all! If you’ve heard me speak of the wonders of cake vodka milkshakes and you’d like to try them for yourself, this is what you need to do!
You will need:
- A bottle of Three Olives brand ‘cake’ vodka. Three Olives is a brand with several different flavors, and the ‘cake’ flavor is decorated with birthday-style balloons and streamers. (It tastes like somebody took cupcakes and made them into alcohol. It is delicious ALL BY ITSELF. But stick with me, my story gets better!)
- A good brand of vanilla ice cream. The Murkworks recommends Alden’s Organic vanilla, but if you have other vanilla ice creams of which you are fond, by all means, use those!
- Optional, if you want a chocolate milkshake instead of a vanilla one: your preferred brand of chocolate syrup. We’re using just plain ol’ Hershey’s chocolate syrup.
- Milk. We favor 1% at the Murkworks, but use whatever milk you prefer!
How much to use of each thing:
- 2-3 scoops of ice cream
- 2-3 tablespoons of the syrup, to taste
- 1-2 shots of the vodka
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup of milk, to taste
Toss it all in a blender and mix thoroughly. Experiment as needed to get desired consistency.
Drink and enjoy!