I came to the decision that since I’d violated my New Books Hiatus by buying that antho (although I still excuse myself for that on the grounds of Special Circumstances, and also, supporting
So I’ll be going at least until my paycheck which should drop this weekend, or if I feel really virtuous, the next paycheck. 😉 I know a lot of fine, fine authors have had new titles come out lately, and I know that Good and Virtuous Readers Who Want to Support Fine Authors should buy them during their release weeks… but hey, folks, still trying to come out of rent shortage here. I’ll buy those books ASAP, I promise!
Besides, I’m still working through the Great Amelia Peabody Reread, and it’ll be a bit yet before I’ll be done with that. Just finished The Ape Who Guards the Balance, and will now be breaking out of publication order to jump to Guardian of the Horizon, which is actually the one that’s next chronologically. Then I’ll read the new one, A River in the Sky. Then it’ll be back to finishing out in publication order, picking up again with The Falcon at the Portal. Which, by the way, will probably be the next ebook I buy since my only copy of that right now is in hardback and I don’t want to haul that to and from work.
Meanwhile, I’m eying tasty new releases by
But it’s going to have to wait till I’m done with Amelia and Emerson!
I’ll leave y’all now with this latest drop of B&N freebies, and this week’s theme of freebies appears to be supernatural/SFnal, which is awesome:
- Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea, by Jules Verne
- The Time Machine and The Invisible Man, by Jules Verne
- The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde and Other Stories, by Robert Louis Stevenson
- The Essential Tales and Poems of Edgar Allan Poe, by Edgar Allan Poe
- The Legend of Sleepy Hollow and Other Writings, by Washington Irving
- The Inferno, by Dante Alighieri
- Frankenstein, by Mary Wollstonecraft Shelley
- The Picture of Dorian Gray, by Oscar Wilde
- The Woman in White, by Wilkie Collins
- Metamorphosis and Other Stories, by Franz Kafka
- Heart of Darkness and Selected Short Fiction, by Joseph Conrad
Plus, two extra non-classics freebies: Hour of the Hunter by J.A. Jance, and Billy Boyle: A World War II Mystery, by James R. Benn. 261 total for the year!